February 12 2023
In the week following Joe Biden’s jumbled State of the Union address, the White House continues its attempt to sell the lie that Americans are better off under Biden than under President Trump.
It is a lie that even the mainstream media cannot stomach. A whopping 71% of Americans believe that the country is on the wrong track. Additional polling from last week confirms America’s profound dissatisfaction with Joe Biden’s leadership—his own party doesn’t want him.
Biden’s failure as Commander-in-Chief continues to coalesce around our nation’s response to Chinese incursions into our airspace. Following the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan, this latest insult to our national sovereignty is additonal proof to our enemies that it is acceptable to challenge America with Biden in charge. President Trump understood that projecting American strength was paramount to promoting peace and cooperation. We desperately need that leadership again.
The Biden administration continues to lie about the State of Our Union:
- There is no talking point that exists to convince Americans that they are imagining the economic hardship they face, despite spin from the Biden White House.
- Nearly two-thirds of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.
- A recent ABC/Washington Post poll found that 41 percent of Americans “say they are not as well off since Biden became president…the highest level since Post-ABC polling first asked the question in 1986.”
- A CBS/YouGov poll shows 62 percent of Americans expect the economy to decline next year.
- President Trump: "Over the past two years, under Biden, millions and millions of illegal aliens from 160 different countries have stormed across our southern border. Drug cartels are now raking in billions of dollars from smuggling poison to kill our people and to kill our children. Savage killers, rapists and violent criminals are being released from jail to continue their crime wave. And under Biden, the murder rate has reached the highest in the history of our country. Biden and the radical Democrats have wasted trillions of dollars and caused the worst inflation in half a century."
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders, providing the Republican response to the SOTU: “President Biden inherited the fastest economic recovery on record, the most secure border in history, cheap, abundant and home-grown energy, fast-rising wages, a rebuilt military, and a world that was stable and at peace. But over the last two years, Democrats destroyed it all.”
President Trump this week outlined an Agenda47 plan to both restore American energy independence and get inflation under control:
- President Trump will revoke all unnecessary federal regulation that restricts domestic energy production, remove the U.S. from the flawed and pro-China Paris Climate Agreement, and swiftly approve new energy infrastructure projects.
- Biden’s war on American energy levied a tax on everything we purchase—higher energy prices mean higher costs in transportation and in food production.
- Nine in ten U.S. voters support increasing domestic energy production.
Biden’s response to Chinese incursions of our airspace undermines America’s strength on the world’s stage:
- On ABC’s This Week, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer attempted to defend the Biden administration’s response to allowing a Chinese spy craft unprecedented surveillance of our nation’s interior.
- Chuck Schumer: “The first balloon, there was a much different rationale, which I think was the appropriate rationale. We got enormous intelligence information from surveilling the balloon as it went over the United States."
- George Stephanopoulos: “But didn’t the Chinese get enormous intelligence as well?"
- Chuck Schumer: “Well, they could have been getting that anyway."
- The Biden administration disbanded an anti-Chinese espionage program started by President Trump, paving the way for these unacceptable incursions.