February 07 2023
The State of the Union
The state of the union is not good.
We do not expect Joe Biden to tell the truth tonight, but Americans are struggling.
Here are some facts to keep in mind while you watch tonight's speech:
- Nearly two-thirds of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.
- A recent ABC/Washington Post poll found that 41 percent of Americans “say they are not as well off since Biden became president…the highest level since Post-ABC polling first asked the question in 1986.”
- A CBS/YouGov poll shows 62 percent of Americans expect the economy to decline next year.
- Companies continue to announce layoffs. Boeing announced it will cut 2,000 white-collar jobs this year. Zoom announced it will layoff 15 percent of its workforce.
- Biden failed to support American manufacturing. The Wall Street Journal reports: "The U.S. trade deficit for all of 2022 rose 12.2% to $948.1 billion, the widest gap on record."
- Inflation remains a problem despite Biden's assurances that he will get it under control. Inflation was still 6.5 percent in December 2022, outstripping any increases in Americans’ wages. In that same month, the annual increase in wages was only 4.6 percent.
- The most recent Consumer Price Index shows food prices increased 10.4 percent year-over-year.
- A whopping 71 percent of Americans think the country is on the wrong track, according to an NBC poll.
- Biden promised in his 2022 speech to "beat the opioid epidemic" and again he failed.
- The opioid epidemic continues to destroy American families as fentanyl pours across the border. Drug overdose deaths in New York City, for example, increased 78 percent since 2019.
- Fox News reported: "Over 14,000 pounds of fentanyl was seized at the border in fiscal year 2022, up 25% from the year prior."
- Biden failed to secure the border. A record 251,457 illegal immigrants were caught crossing the border in December. There is also a disturbing surge in terror watchlist members and sex offenders crossing the southern border.
- Fox News reported: "Arrests of terror watchlist members skyrocketed at the U.S.-Mexico border from fewer than 10 annually under former President Donald Trump to 98 in 2022 under President Biden."
- While President Trump urges peace in Ukraine, Joe Biden continues to push us towards World War III.
- Breitbart: "President Joe Biden, who is now sending tanks to Ukraine, warned in March that doing so would result in World War III."